Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it but I have only 5 more days in the field- then we will be heading back to Canada the middle of this month. How does one begin to close the chapter on such an experience? There is still so much I still want to experience and people I want to continue to get to know but the plane is leaving and I have to be on it.
I want to share a couple pictures out of my 300 that I took in the last 2 weeks.

CULTURAL EXPERIENCE

It was funny because Taya and I were working on taping a poster under a lightbulb in the house and we began to notice that there were these large bugs that were bothering us as we were trying to tape, and of course some were getting stuck to it. More and more started to come inside- about a hundred... and then we looked outside! There were thousands of flying termites trying to infest our entire house. Apparently during the rains the termites come out-


Insect to some... food for others- after being fried and de-winged.

Daughter and son of one of our water filter technicans.

Peace, Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are coming back safe and sound. What an amazing experience. The time did go fast. We are all looking forward to hearing from you and all your stories here at work. See you soon.

Aman

Anonymous said...

Hum. After seeing the termites, maybe it's a good thing I didn't make it there after all!

Safe travels, Tree. Can't wait to talk to you about your experience in person.

mel

Jairzinho and Terra said...

Are you in Cal Town? Call me. So looking forward to seeing you :o)